WCL’s multi-die, cold heading sources extend the traditional limit of cold heading, making possible the production of uniquely formed one-piece cold headed parts.
Expensive screw machine parts and multi-piece assemblies can now be economically cold formed as a single piece. The cold forming of parts also improves strength and reliability.
Among the many features that can now be cold formed in a heading operation are:
- Oversize heads
- Special head configurations – knurled, pancake, etc.
- Washer heads with oversize washers for spanning and load bearing
- Large diameter shoulders to replace separate sleeves and collars
- Multiple diameter or “stepped” shoulders
- Special pilot or lead points
- Double-end collar studs
- Gemini® studs
Design guidance is available to integrate multi-part fasteners into single, cost-effective, one-piece cold headed parts.